Skagerak Salmon A/S is uniquely positioned with its modern state-of-the-art factory and a geographical location in Hirtshals, in northern Denmark, with easy access to raw materials from Norway and to the key markets in continental Europe, which can be reached within 24 hours.
The company focuses on top quality, optimum and efficient production, documentation, traceability and sustainability.
Our organisation builds on a group of loyal customers and, according to a recently adopted strategy, our key success factors are: quality, flexibility and speed - both internally in the organisation and in relation to the surrounding world.
Skagerak Salmon A/S’ factory is state of the art with heavy investments being made over the years, most recently in 2008 when the company gained a technical leadership position in its industry. As part of the investment, the latest machinery was installed and a fully automated robotic salmon trimming system replaced manual trimming.
Skagerak Salmon A/S can handle 10,000 tonnes of salmon a year under normal working shifts.
Skagerak Salmon A/S is a consumer-oriented production company with an acute awareness of consumers’ increasing demands for healthy, nutritional and sustainable food products. We only use raw materials from sustainable farms and offer full traceability from egg to end product. We do not use any additives in our production.
Each batch of raw material comes with a certificate from the supplier with the following information:
- brood stock/smolt supplier
- location of farm and licence number
- feed composition, vaccine, fat content and colour.
This information is registered in our production system to ensure full traceability of each product back to the egg.
To ensure sustainable farming in harmony with nature we only use salmon:
- from selected and approved farmers and harvest plants with an approved HACCP check system
- with full traceability from egg to end product
- farmed in the clear cold Atlantic waters of the Norwegian fjords
- farmed in large cages in which the salmon take up max. 2.5% of the cage volume
- fed with high-quality feed from sustainable resources
- produced under quality control and analysis by independent external laboratories.
Skagerak Salmon A/S is certified according to the GLOBALG.A.P. Chain of Custody standards. GLOBALG.A.P. certification documents that the product reaches accepted levels of food safety and quality, and has been produced sustainably, respecting the health, safety and welfare of workers, the environment, and animal welfare issues. The certification is evidence of good fish farming practices in the production of food for human consumption.
Skagerak Salmon A/S’ factory is state of the art with focus on quality, hygiene, specifications, documentation and traceability. To ensure that we always have fresh raw material, it is purchased and delivered according to the “just in time” principle.
Skagerak Salmon A/S aims to minimise the company’s environmental impact through:
- continuous monitoring and recording of significant environmental impacts
- compliance with environmental requirements from legislation and supervisory authorities
- systematic recording and reduction of resource consumption.
Skagerak Salmon A/S gives high priority to quality management and quality control systems and is presently certified according to:
- BRC (British Retail Consortium) Global Standard for Food
- GLOBALG.A.P. Chain of Custody.
Skagerak Salmon A/S’ Quality Division is responsible for:
- Quality control and implementation, maintenance and optimisation of the quality management and control system under the BRC Global Standard for Food
- Traceability and sustainability according to GLOBALG.A.P.
- The organisation’s approved HACCP check system
- Quality assurance in cooperation with the external laboratory, NORDLAB A/S.